Chanel Teint Innocence

 image via pret-a-beaute

I haven't used a great variety of foundation. I've used Maybelline, Clinique and Estee Lauder which I found had too much pink undertone in it so didn't match my yellower Asian complexion. Not until the end of February did I go to a Chanel counter at my local Westfield and get a foundation match. The Chanel Teint Innocence Naturally Luminous Fluid Makeup in 50 Naturel felt best on my skin, very smooth and silky and it didn't dry out my skin. I intended to buy it but they ran out due to the up and coming discontinuation of the product, replacing it with another very similar to it. Only last month, still a bit hesitant on the hefty price tag, I went ahead and bought the cream version instead which I think felt even better on my skin than the liquid.

The foundation is so wonderful to use. It comes in a chic cylindrical compact with a mirror and a sponge, perfect for chucking in one's bag. It goes on really well, like a light veil evening out the skin tone. Not much is needed, and it is easy to build up and still look very natural. It is a bit dewy at first, but eventually turns into a powder so there's no need to put extra powder on. I apply with my fingertips instead of the sponge because I think it works better in terms of working it into my skin. And it is so quick to achieve the even flawless face because it does the job right on the first layer.

Since using Chanel's Teint Innocence Foundation, I haven't been able to go back to my half finished bottle of Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup which took forever and a day to apply on and build up on to get the flawlessness I wanted. I'm keeping a track on how many times I use the compact so I can weigh up whether it's worth the money. Despite money, the foundation is of excellent quality.

This video has nothing to do with Chanel Foundation, but it is Chanel, and there's Audrey Tautou. And it's beautifully filmed.


No comments:

Post a Comment